Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jack’s Boathouse

Underneath the concrete bridge that connects Rosslyn, Virginia to Georgetown, DC there’s a small but very colorful community.  It’s the most vibrant view all along the Potomac (even the graffiti doesn’t compare).  It’s my favorite spot in my neighborhood and one of my favorites in all of DC.  It’s Jack’s Boathouse. 
Last boating season, I would stroll down there and rent kayaks out.  Don’t get me wrong, my kayaking days are not over, but now I have a boat that fits perfectly with the atmosphere at Jack’s—a retro, chill,  no-worries vibe.
The staff at Jack's is awesome.  Quite enthusiastic, friendly, and very helpful.  They let me borrow their power tools, always ask me if I needed help with anything, and keep an eye on the boat when I'm gone.  Paul, the guy in charge, really cares about the boathouse, his people, his guests, and even my boat!  Hands down, there is no better place to canoe, kayak, row if you're in the District.
Here are some pictures courtesy of www.jacksboathouse.com.  If you get a chance, watch the Youtube video.  It’ll give you an idea of what I’m talking about…but if you really want to experience Jack’s, you have to go and see for yourself!
Email/message me if you are interested in joining us for the Boat Revealing Party.  I will send you details.












No comments:

Post a Comment