Thursday, May 17, 2012

You better shape up

In my last post, I mentioned how I centered the top deck of the paddle board so that there was flush around all the edges.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any fancy tools, like a router, to cut the flush off, so I used my she-woman strength and an old school coping saw.  This actually did not take long at all.  I made relief, or preliminary cuts, perpendicular to the side panels, then cut along the edges. 
Cutting relief cuts into the flush.  Guess which universities my friends went to.
Relief cuts in the top deck
After I sawed through the relief cuts
Not too shabby
Much cleaner, but not quite there
I mixed some more of that peanut butter sawdust epoxy and used a syringe to fill in any gaps along the seams.


After the epoxy dried, I took my board outside for some hardcore sanding.

Really trying to clean off the bumps of epoxy

A little bit of shaping had to take place at the nose... a common practice for celebrities

Shaping up the nose (the paddle board is upside down in this photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment