Monday, March 28, 2011

Lobster Pregame


Before we began cutting our lumber, I thought it was only appropriate we do a seafood pregame.  My good friend of 20 Something Passions blogged about a truck that drives around DC selling lobster sandwiches (http://20somethingpassions.blogspot.com/2011/03/lobster-roll.html).  Umm…only my dream come true.   For the first time in my life, I found Twitter to be of some good use and figured out where that truck was headed.  We left the bungalow and headed straight passed the cherry blossoms to Eastern Market.  Yes, we were those people that started forming a line at 7th & D St., SE.  And yes, the truck had not even arrived.  It was one of the most thrilling Saturday mornings of my life.  I am being 100% serious.

According to the guy taking orders, he and his highly efficient staff have been doing this for about 8 months.  He was incredibly patient despite our indecisiveness and gave us a free drink (probably because we were holding up the line).  It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S and there was a variety of Maine Root sodas to choose from (soda fountain machine built into the side of the truck).  No doubt about it, I will be a repeat customer.

Check out our photos at 20 Something Passions.  For more about these lobster rolls, go to http://www.redhooklobsterdc.com/.

1 comment:

  1. I was just at Eastern Market! So excited to track your boat building!!

    ReplyDelete